End of School Year Checklist
The end of school can be a busy time for you and your kids. Here are some tips to help your child transition into summer time fun with minimal anxiety.
1. Less is more. Don't overbook your schedules. With end of year concerts and other special school events on top of the daily workload, your kid has plenty to do. Think twice before adding any other extracurricular activities.
2. Is your child worried that she won't be able to see her friends during the summer? Have her collect her school friends' phone numbers as well as snail mail and email addresses.
3. Arrange play dates ahead of time for when school is out. How about a reunion picnic with school friends as one 'get together' idea? And don't forget meeting at the movies or the local swimming hole.
4. Talk with your child about what they want to do in the summer. Is it camp or your town's recreation program? Enroll him in a program to that will help him make new friends when school is out.
5. Above all, relax and enjoy the change of season. Try to build in a family walk or bike ride after dinner as a way of touching base with your kids.
More on: Transitions