Top Signs of Trouble for Grades K-8by FamilyEducation Staff
Do you know what's expected of your child this year at school? Find out what skills and knowledge he'll need to succeed in his grade level at school, and look for red flags that may indicate he's not quite prepared academically or developmentally. For skill-building practice for any subject area and all grade levels, visit our Printables Center.
1 of 10
Top Signs of Trouble in Kindergarten
Your child may have trouble in kindergarten if he isn't able to:
- Be happy away from home.
- Communicate effectively with teachers and classmates.
- Follow directions and rules.
- Cut and paste with some degree of skill.
- Handle his personal needs (go to the bathroom, put on a coat).
- Get along with his classmates and teacher.
More on: By Grade