Choosing a Quality School: Resources
National Association of Independent Schools
NAIS is a voluntary membership association for private schools. According to their site, they offer "a variety of services to its members, including school statistics, legislative and regulatory updates, award-winning publications, and conferences and workshops."
- Grade Your Child's School
- Getting the Best Education for Your Child: A Parent's Checklist
These days, it's not enough to register a child for elementary school and assume that the teachers and school district will take care of the rest. Practical, clear, and free of jargon, Getting the Best Education for Your Child explores the tough issues that arise in classrooms today.
- How to Get Your Child a 'Private School' Education in a Public School
- How to Get the Best Public School Education for Your Child
This comprehensive, hands-on book shows parents how to select the best school for their children, how to prepare for a child's first day of school, how to create an environment that fosters educational experiences, how to judge a child's progress at school, evaluate teachers, and meet the needs of special children.
- Choosing Schools and Child Care Options: Answering Parents' Questions
More on: Choosing a Quality School