7 Important Back-to-School Safety Tipsby Lindsay Hutton
As a parent, sending your child to school, off into a world without you, can be an anxious time. Give yourself some peace of mind by following these safety tips to make sure she stays safe on the way to school, in the classroom, and while on the playground. Have a great year!
1 of 8
School Bus Safety
Taking the bus alone can be exciting and a little scary for your child, and it's important that your child knows the school bus safety rules:
- Stand back from the curb as the bus arrives, and never run to or from the bus.
- Don't push, shove, or yell loudly while on the bus.
- Stay in your seat during the entire ride.
- Always obey the bus driver.
- Wait for the driver's signal before crossing the street, and always cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Don't ever get off at a different stop.
NexT: Bike Safety