Top Ways to Get Your Kids to Read
Here's how you can make reading a part of your kids' everyday lives.
1. Show your kids that reading will introduce them to new people, take them to faraway places, and let them travel through time. Start a family or neigborhood book group.
2. Sign up your kids (and yourself) for a book club.
3. Print out these bookmarks and your kids will never lose their place again!
4. Make the connection between fact and fiction for your kids. If they loved Stellaluna, point them toward this quiz on bats.
5. Have your kids recommend their favorite books to friends and get their friends' recommendations.
6. Turn your kids into supersleuths. After they read a book, they can create an unbreakable, crazy code.
7. Be sneaky! Take our kids on a "book nick." It's kind of like a picnic, only better!
8. Remember that practice makes perfect. Help your kids practice rhyming words, drawing lines and shapes, and moving their eyes and hands from left to right.
More on: Learning to Read