Parent-Teacher Conference Kit
In This Article:
- What grade level is my child performing on in reading, math, social studies, and science?
- How is my child doing in relation to the rest of the class? (Is my child performing in the top 25 percent? Top 10 percent?)
- What do you see as my child's strengths and weaknesses?
- Could you tell me about my child's work ethic, relations with other children, behavior in class, and attitude toward learning?
- Can you tell me what academic topics and skills will be emphasized this year in your classroom?
Tips for talking to the teacher:
- Give the teacher extra information about your child to help him or her know the child better.
- Express your appreciation to the teacher for the good year your child is having at school.
- Ask the teacher if there is anything special that you could do to help in the classroom this year.
- Talk to your child each each day about what is going on in school, and be sure to praise the effort he is putting into getting a good education.
- Keep doing what you have been doing so your child continues to have a productive year at school.
More on: Relating to the Teacher