Parent-Teacher Conference Kit
In This Article:
- How is my child doing academically in your class?
- Do you feel my child is breezing through class assignments with little or no effort?
- Could you make class assignments that are more challenging for my child?
- Does the school have a formal program for gifted and talented children? Should my child be tested for it?
- What can I do at home to enhance my child's educational experience?
- Discuss with the teacher the possibility of your child spending less time with curriculum he has mastered and more time with extension and enrichment opportunities.
- Quite often, it falls upon parents to expand the school's curriculum in such ways that their children find it more challenging and interesting.
- Visit Internet sites (www.nagc.org) to find ideas about how to challenge bright children.
- Consider enrolling your child in some enrichment classes or activities either after school or on Saturdays. School districts, colleges, and museums offer this type of program.
- Join a parents' group involved in the education of gifted children.
More on: Relating to the Teacher