Parent-Teacher Conference Kit
In This Article:
- Is my child behaving appropriately in the classroom?
- Are you aware that my child is finding it difficult to work with you?
- What suggestions do you have about ways my child could improve his relationship with you?
- Do you have any ideas about how you might get along better with my child?
- Do you feel that a transfer to another class would be in the best interest of my child?
- Approach the conference with a cooperative attitude toward resolving the situation. Avoid confrontation.
- Make a list of the positive and negative experiences your child is having at school and share them with the teacher.
- Remember that you have only heard half of the story. Could your child be overreacting to a situation?
- Listen carefully to your child's comments about what is going on at school and help him find ways to handle the situation.
- Visit the classroom to monitor your child's perception of the situation.
More on: Relating to the Teacher