PTA: Motivate Your Kids To Do Well In School
Brought to FEN by National PTA®
Here's a handy checklist for busy parents:
- Take the time to read with your children daily.
- Provide enrichment material, including children's books and magazines, and educational toys.
- Provide quiet, private work spaces where children can study undisturbed.
- Keep your children's work spaces well-stocked with all the supplies they need to complete their assignments.
- Take time to sit down with your children and help them schedule homework into their daily routine.
- Reward good grades with recognition and praise, and avoid the temptation to use money as a bribe for good performance.
- Take advantage of educational events in your community as often as possible.
- Value your children's uniqueness, and avoid comparing them to others.
- Limit the amount of television children watch to one hour on school days and two hours on weekend days.
- Encourage creative thinking by asking your youngsters for help solving problems.
- Encourage your children to practice school skills in real life situations.
From National PTA's Busy Parents Guide to Involvement in Education.
More on: Your Child's Performance in School