The Eight Intelligences
- 1. Verbal/Linguistic: sensitivity to the meaning and order of words.
2. Logical/Mathematical: ability to handle chains of reasoning and to recognize patterns and order.
3. Musical: sensitivity to pitch, melody, rhythm, and tone.
4. Bodily/Kinesthetic: ability to use the body and to handle objects skillfully.
5. Spatial: ability to perceive the world accurately and to re-create or transform aspects of that world.
6. Interpersonal: ability to understand people and relationships.
7. Intrapersonal: ability to assess one's emotional life as a means to understanding oneself and others.
8. Naturalist: the aptitude for observing nature and discerning patterns and trends. The naturalist enjoys collecting and cataloguing natural material.