10 Ways to Help Your Child Tackle His Homework
- Have him use an assignment notebook so he knows what homework is required each day.
- Introduce a planning calendar and show her how to use it when she begins to have long-term assignments.
- Each day he should preview the assignments that he has to do and get the tough tasks out of the way first. He should write down the order in which he will do assignments.
- Teach her to review her work frequently.
- Get him an organizer, and show him how to use it so that he has a system for organizing all his school papers.
- Have her use a book bag to transport books and papers.
- Encourage him to establish a regular time for doing homework.
- She should keep old quizzes and tests to prepare for future tests.
- Eliminate distractions such as phone calls and television during homework time.
- Establish a regular place for doing homework.
More on: Helping With Homework