How to Bolster Budding Language Skills
In This Article:
- Most tutors are retired and have available time.
- They provide the nurturing grandparent factor.
- They have stricter standards of behavior and expect the child to act accordingly.
- They are motivated by the experience of working one-on-one with young students.
- They become an advocate for the child.
- Many senior-tutoring programs are free of charge.
- Improved attitudes toward reading and language arts
- Increased class participation
- Greater willingness to read aloud
- Heightened self-esteem
- Longer attention span
- Better verbal skills
- More completed homework assignments
- Higher test scores
- Improved attendance
- Kids learned to like books
From Teacher Says by Evelyn Porreca Vuko. Copyright © 2004. Used by arrangement with Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, visit amazon.com or click on the book cover.