Profile of a Technology Literate Kid: Preschool to Grade 2
Source: The International Society for Technology in Education's National Education Technology Standards Project, funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in consultation with the U.S. Department of Education; the Milken Exchange on Education Technology; and Apple Computer, Inc.
According to the International Society for Technology in Education, prior to completion of second grade, your child should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficient mouse skills.
- Start up and shut down a computer system.
- Use instructional software in various content areas.
- Recognize and use basic computer vocabulary.
- Operate commonly used media devices (e.g., puzzles, logical-thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools).
- Use input devices to navigate the graphic interface on multimedia learning resources.
- Use printers to produce hard copy of student products.
More on: Technology and Learning