College Visit Checklist
Brought to you by the American School Counselor Association
When you leave for campus, be sure to take along these dozen revealing questions to ask your student tour guide.
- What's the typical class size for freshmen? For upperclassmen?
- Does the school provide tutors?
- Is housing guaranteed all four years?
- If the dorms are co-ed, is it by wing, floor, or every other room?
- Are there fraternities and sororities?
- How does he/she feel walking around the campus at night? What about the surrounding neighborhood in all four directions?
- What is the quality of faculty advising?
- How is the student turnout and spirit at sporting events?
- Is the student body diverse or does one type dominate?
- What happens on the campus on the weekends? Does it empty out or is there plenty to do?
- Can freshmen have cars and are cars really necessary?
- What outstanding professors or courses might the tour guide recommend regardless of a student's major?
More on: Preparing for College